a short recap... Aj and I drove to Primm on Friday night and stayed in a hotel there. We had a great time. I talked on the phone the majority of the way there and Aj slept. Our room was fine and we enjoyed some golden arches and the hot tub. Saturday we drove the rest of the way to Utah. Aj was a trooper until about Payson and then he wanted OUT! We stayed at my brother Ben's new house (very nice) and went to Los Hermanos for dinner. Umm. yeah that alone is worth the drive. I swear they have the best salsa.- it's addictive. My whole family was there for thanksgiving and it was fun to see everyone. Joel flew in on Tuesday at midnight so Aj, Betty (his mom) and I drove out to get him. Aj stayed awake until 2 minutes before we picked up joel- go figure. On Wed - it was so cute (kinda) aj came to me and said "my baby hurts" he didn't eat much that day and had some tummy troubles. He always refers to his tummy as his baby now. Thanksgiving was oh so yummy. We took a group photo out in the freezing cold and later realized there was a "film malfunction" and none of the pictures turned out.
I decided that I would hit rod works on Black Friday at 5am. Betty and I met my sister in laws there and we had a great time throwing elbows for picture frames- it was NUTS! I could not have made it without Betty and Mindi holding our stuff and standing in line from the minute we got there. I love the stuff I got though- it was worth it and I'll never forget that experience. I'll post some pictures once I get the house all decorated. On Saturday Shannon (Joel's very cool oldest sister) threw me a baby shower. The fam damily came and it was fun to have both of our families together. Here's some photos of me and my fam at the baby shower.


Sunday Joel drove home with us. We drove to Mesquite and then the rest of the way Monday. Everyone told me I was crazy for driving to Utah, but we had a good time. My only regret is my tailbone KILLS!

4 comments:
I'm glad we got to see you!! Thanks for hosting all the CA ladies at your fam's...it was very fun to veg and hang. I'm glad you made it home safely...now the countdown to when Baby #2 arrives! That is so cute what AJ said about his tummy! These kids are getting so old!
Love the hair. Is it even shorter? I think so... So you told me you moved and for a minute I thought that might be your new kitchen in the picture and I totally was excited to come over for some yummy dinner :) Not that I won't still invite myself over for dinner anyway :)
I was bummed to miss you gals. Tuesday was just a crazy day. I hope to catch up with you soon!
You look radiant!!! Road trips can be a lot of fun - happy to hear yours was a success!
Post a Comment